Friday, October 11, 2013

A mixed media card using Nirvana by Nadia!

Hi everyone!

It's Nadia here with you today sharing a mixed media card I created with the Nirvana collection. 



To start with, I used a Strathmore Mixed Media card, which is heavy in texture so it can withhold the mediums I would place on it. 

I then applied gesso and tissue paper on the front cover, before adding some Tim Holtz stamps with Archival ink. 

I then used some Crafter's Workshop stencils and gesso to create some more texture, before adding some mists for that gorgeous colour. 

For added detail, I used some black ink to create the splatter effect. 

Once the background was done, I cut out some images from the "Documented" and "Typograph" paper from the Nirvana collection which where JUST perfect for an awesome contrast between the black on the cut outs and the bight colours on the background.

These are the 2 papers I used ..


 I then added some flowers and other embellishments to finish them off. 

Materials List
Paper: Marion Smith Designs Nirvana collection
Card: Strathmore Mixed Media cards
Tissue paper: Canvas Corp Tissue Stock
Background Stamps: Prima Marketing Notary Stamp, Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous ATC stamps
Tissue Tape: Tim Holtz
Mist: Lindy's Stamp Gang Industrial Chic
Black Ink: Liquitex Professional Acrylic Ink Carton Black 
Black Drops: Viva Paper Pen Black
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Resin: Kaisercraft


Thank you so much for having a look today. 

Don't forget to subscribe!!

For more of my work please see my blog HERE


Bye for now :) 

2 comments:

  1. Wow love your techniques! Super creative! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mixed media card, amazing texture and amazing way to use these papers.

    ReplyDelete